Currently, the department has 16 teachers. Of these, 4 professors, 5 Dsc, associate professors, 3 PhDs have academic titles and degrees, and the scientific potential of the department is 75%.
The department conducts research on the following topics:
1. Research and development of advanced technology for the separation of potato tubers from cuttings and stones in the harvesting of potatoes.
Main executors: PhD, docent. A.Duskulov, Phd. X.Maxmudov, PhD. A.Isakov.
2. Development of resource-efficient small devices for crushing fodder for livestock and fishing.
Main executors: PhD, docent. Dj.Alijanov, PhD. A.Borotov, assistant Ya.Jumatov, basic doctoral student Sh.Gapparov.
3. Development of resource-saving technologies and equipment for agriculture.
Main performers: Dsc, prof. B.Xudayarov, Dsc, prof. B.Shaymardanov, prof. M.Shoumarova, dots. T.Abdillaev, basic doctoral student Sh.Yusupov, trainee teacher Yu.Rakhimov.
4. Introduction of high-efficiency agrotechnics of grain growing and technical means of their realization, definition of quality of work and technical-operational indicators.
Main performers: Dsc, prof. K.Astanaqulov, basic doctoral student N.Ashurov.
5. Introduction of high-efficiency agro-techniques of cotton growing on the basis of the smart agricultural system and technical means of their realization, definition of quality of work and technical-operational indicators.
Main performers: Dsc, prof. K.Astanakulov, trainee teacher A.Turdibekov.
The department is also working on economic contracts worth more than 70 million soums.
During 2021, professors and teachers of the department published 4 textbooks, 3 manuals, 6 monographs, 31 scientific articles in Scopus, 5 in foreign journals, 3 in national scientific journals, 42 scientific articles at international scientific conferences.