History

In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-3003 dated May 24, 2017, the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Mechanization of Agricultural Engineers was established on the basis of the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Land Reclamation. 

The Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization was founded in 1920 in Tashkent. Among 8 faculties of Turkestan State University there was a technical faculty.     

In 1934, the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers was established. The faculty of agricultural mechanization was opened in its structure, and this year more than 400 students were trained at the faculty.              

The professors and teachers of the faculty made a great contribution to the process of mechanization of agriculture in the republic: scientific work was developed to develop the effective use of seeders, cotton cultivators, chemical spraying machines, cotton machines, tractors and machinery.                     

There are specialized departments "Agricultural Machines", "Tractors and Machines", "Maintenance and Repair of Machines" and "General Engineering Disciplines".              

Graduates of the faculty made a great contribution to the complex mechanization of agriculture in the republic. Graduates of the faculty were trained by regional and district governors, members of the government of the republic, as well as many designers and scientists.              

Dear President Mirziyoyev, Shavkat Miromonovich 1976-1981 studied at the faculty. To date, the faculty has trained about 16,000 qualified mechanical engineers, about 5,000 bachelors and 600 masters.              

Currently, 800 students are studying at the faculty in the following areas: agricultural mechanization, agricultural and land reclamation equipment and professional education (agricultural mechanization), agricultural and water resources, innovative technologies and technologies in agriculture.